Sunday, February 6, 2011

Zoo Boise

I have the best mother-in-law in the world! One of our Christmas gifts from her this year was an annual pass to Zoo Boise! My goal is to go at least once a month. I'm sure we will go more than that. We tried to go in January, but it was too cold. So we'll have to go a few times in February. After I went to coffee with my sisters on Saturday I was driving home and it was super sunny and I thought it would be a great afternoon to take Parker to the zoo. We had the best time! It was not crowded at all so I could let Parker run around without worrying about him getting lost in the crowd. So many animals were out and about. It's not a big zoo, but it's the perfect size for a 2 1/2 year old. Here are some pictures of our time there.
We spent a lot of time watching the penguins swim around.
It was so cool to be so close to the lions. Parker really wanted to be in there with them, but I told him we were safer on this side of the glass.
He enjoyed driving the jeep. Beep beep!
Here's a picture of my big boy climbing to the top of the giraffe slide. He wanted to go up all by himself (snif, snif).
"I did it Mommy!" He was so proud of himself and I was proud of him too of course!
We enjoyed being prairie dogs for a while. I'm pretty sure he was trying to pick his nose while I was taking this picture.

No comments: