Saturday, February 5, 2011

Parker's Fort

I like to be organized. This should not surprise you if you know me well. I have an organized home, classroom and car. I know this can be a bad thing sometimes, but mostly I look at it as one of my strengths. I also get a little antsy when I have free time and don't have some type of project to be working on. During Christmas break I was trying to figure out how to organize Parker's toys. The idea struck me to turn our closet underneath our stairs into Parker's fort. I'm always up for a good challenge and my goal was to complete this project before Christmas since I knew he would be blessed with new toys from his family and Santa. So thanks to Costco we found a shelf that fit perfectly and clear tubs that fit perfectly on the shelf. But first I had to clear out the things that used to be in there. I forgot to take a before picture, but of course it was organized before. It just had a bunch of stuff that we didn't use very often like sleeping bags, etc. I found new spots for the previous closet items in our guest room, closet and garage. This wasn't a difficult task since all of those places are organized too. :) I had so much fun turning this closet into a fort for Parker! He loves it! Sometimes he will go in and close the door and play. It is the perfect size for him. We can also pull tubs out and play in the living room. Once the day is done, we can sing the clean up song and put the toys away. We spend the majority of our time downstairs, so it just made more sense to find a special place for him down there instead of using his bedroom upstairs.
The desk he got for Christmas from my family fits perfectly!
I had to stage this picture with his cell phone and laptop. :)

So all of this organizing got me thinking that maybe someday I will start a professional organizing business. I would love to help people declutter their lives and get organized! So if you're looking for some organization, let me know. :)

No comments: